EFFECTIVE DATE: 1 SEPTEMBER 2017.
The Sites are intended for a U.S. audience. If you access one of our Sites from outside the United States, your information may be transferred or processed in the United States.
This Policy only applies to the Sites and does not apply to information collected or received by other means. This Policy does not apply to services or websites offered by third parties, even if this Site links to those services or third parties.
This Policy is divided into the following areas:
- Information We Collect or Receive
- How We Use the Information We Collect or Receive
- How We Share Information
- California Do-Not-Track Disclosures
- How to Contact Us
- Information We Collect or Receive
Information You Provide. We may collect information that you provide to us when you visit our Sites, including information you provide when you:
- register for an account;
- communicate with us, such as to provide feedback, request support, or ask for additional information;
- subscribe to newsletters or marketing communications;
- make a purchase; or
- use social networks or other online services to make information available to us.
Through methods such as these, we may collect information such as your name, home or other address, email address, telephone number, information about your transactions with us or others, or other information. In addition, we may collect any information you provide when purchasing our products through our Sites.
Automatically Collected Information. We may collect information automatically when you visit our Sites, such as:
- your IP address;
- the type of browser and operating system you use;
- the pages you visit and the features you use, including dates and times;
- if you navigated from or navigate to another website, the address of that website; and
- information regarding your internet service provider or the type of device you used to access our Sites (such as a mobile device).
We may allow third parties to use Data Technologies on our Sites. The information collected from these Data Technologies may be shared with and used by us, by others acting on our behalf, or by third parties subject to their own privacy policies. Information collected by Data Technologies may be used on our Sites or on other websites, services, or online applications, including websites, services, or online applications that may not be operated by us.
Information from Other Sources. We may obtain information about you from third parties. This information may include information about your use of our Sites or services, your use of other websites, your interests and preferences, and other information. For example, we may collect information about your browsing and usage history on our Sites. We may combine the information we obtain from third parties with information that we or our affiliates have collected about you.
Our store is hosted on Squarespace, Inc. They provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you. Your data is stored through S data storage, databases and the general Squarespace application. They store your data on a secure server behind a firewall.
If you choose a direct payment gateway to complete your purchase, then Squarespace stores your credit card data. It is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After that is complete, your purchase transaction information is deleted.
All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover.
PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers. For more insight, you may also want to read Shopify’s Terms of Service here or Privacy Statement here.
- How We Use the Information We Collect or Receive
We and others acting on our behalf may use the information that we collect or receive to operate our business, including our Sites. This includes:
- offering or providing our products and services to you, including supporting your purchases;
- providing support and information that you request;
- establishing and managing your account with us;
- diagnosing or addressing technical problems in the operation of our Sites or any of our services or products;
- evaluating and improving our products, services, applications, and Sites, including the development of new products and services;
- performing data analyses (including the production of reports, audits, or other research) for marketing, financial, operational or other purposes;
- customizing portions of our Sites to reflect your preferences, interests, or prior interactions with us;
- targeting or delivering content (including advertising and promotional messaging) to you;
- complying with applicable law or our policies, or preventing fraud, theft, and injury to you, us, or others;
- contacting you, including through telephone, fax, text, or chat; and
- using information for other purposes to which you consent.
- How We Share Information
We may share with others the information that we collect or receive, including:
- our corporate affiliates;
- service providers or business partners who we engage to provide services offered through our Sites or on our behalf, including providers who help us operate our business, develop products, and fulfill orders; and
- marketing partners, including marketing and public relations firms, analytics companies and advertising networks who provide Data Technologies on our Sites.
Other parties may collect personally identifiable information about your online activities over time and across different websites when you use our Sites. In addition, we may share information we have collected from you, including personal information, in connection with the sale or merger of our business or the transfer of assets.
We may also use and share information in order to:
- protect or defend our (and our affiliates’) interests, legal rights or property;
- protect the rights, interests, safety and security of users of this and other websites and services we make available;
- protect the rights, interests, safety and security of members of the public;
- combat fraud, theft, and or injury, or for risk management purposes; and comply with prudent legal, data privacy, or data security practice as we may determine, or to comply with applicable law or legal process.
- California Do-Not-Track Disclosures
As of the Effective Date listed above, there is no commonly accepted response for Do Not Track signals initiated by browsers. Therefore, we do not respond to such signals or to other mechanisms that provide the ability to exercise choice regarding the collection of personally identifiable information regarding your online activities over time and across third party websites or online services.
- Updates to this Policy
We may sometimes update this Policy. When we modify this Policy, we will update this web page and change the Effective Date listed above.
- Contact Us
You can contact us with questions or comments about our privacy practices or this Policy by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
terms + conditions
TERMS + CONDITIONS.
This website is operated by Made in California, a California company. Throughout the site, the terms “we”, “us” and “our” refer to Made in California. Made in California offers this website, as updated and changed from time to time, including all information, tools and services available from this site to you, the user, conditioned upon your acceptance of all terms, conditions, policies and notices stated here. If you do not agree with them, you are not authorized to use the website.
By visiting our site and/or purchasing something from us, you agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions (“Terms and Conditions” or “Terms”), including those additional terms and conditions and policies referenced in these Terms or available by hyperlink. These Terms and Conditions apply to all users of the site, including without limitation users who are browsers, vendors, customers, merchants, and/or contributors of content.
You can review the most current version of the Terms and Conditions at any time on this page. We reserve the right to update, change or replace any part of these Terms and Conditions by posting updates and/or changes to our website. It is your responsibility to check this page periodically for changes. Your continued use of or access to the website following the posting of any changes constitutes acceptance of those changes.
- This website and its contents are subject to copyright which is owned by Made in California or third parties that license material to Made in California. Made in California does not grant you any intellectual property rights in this website, its applications, interface or content. Made in California is a Trademark licensed to Made in California. You must not use any trademark displayed on this website.
- By agreeing to these Terms, you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your state or province of residence, or that you are the age of majority in your state or province of residence and you have given us your consent to allow any of your minor dependents to use this site.
- This website may contain links to external Internet websites. Made in California does not sponsor, guarantee or approve of any material or representations in those websites. Nor do we warrant that material on linked sites is free of any computer virus, defects or infringements. We are not liable for any harm or damages related to the purchase or use of goods, services, resources, content, or any other transactions made in connection with any third-party websites. We suggest that you review carefully the third-party's policies and practices and make sure you understand them before you engage in any transaction. Complaints, claims, concerns, or questions regarding third-party products should be directed to the third-party.
- Links to this website are permitted, provided the full html page is loaded. Links to individual graphics or to areas that are considered "security areas" that bypass any security protection or password protect that the Cultiver Group establishes are expressly prohibited. If you wish to use a graphic to link to this site please contact us, as this may only be done with our express consent.
- You must not attempt to change, reproduce, add to, remove, hack or interfere with this website or its material.
- We cannot guarantee any file, data or program available for download from this website (or any linked website) is free of viruses and you assume the risk of any damage to your computer as a result of using this website. You must not transmit any worms or viruses or any code of a destructive nature. This website may be inaccessible from time to time due to events outside Made in California's control or maintenance requirements.
- You may post reviews and make comments on the content on our Website. The content of those comments and reviews, however, must not be illegal, obscene, threatening, defamatory, infringing of intellectual property rights, invasive of privacy, or otherwise objectionable to third parties and is not permitted to consist of or contain software viruses, commercial solicitation, mass mailings, or any form of "spam." Made in California reserves the right to remove such content at any time, and without notice to you. We take no responsibility and assume no liability for any comments posted by you or any third-party.
- If, at our request, you send certain specific submissions (for example contest entries) or without a request from us you send creative ideas, suggestions, proposals, plans, or other materials, whether online, by email, by postal mail, or otherwise (collectively, 'comments'), you grant Made in California a nonexclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, distribute, and display such content on its Website and on any other marketing material Made in California may create. We are and shall be under no obligation to (1) maintain any comments in confidence; (2) pay compensation for any comments; or (3) respond to any comments.
- Occasionally there may be information on our site or in our correspondence with you that contains typographical errors, inaccuracies or omissions that may relate to product descriptions, pricing, promotions, offers, product shipping charges, transit times and availability. We reserve the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions, and to change or update information or cancel orders if any information in the website or our correspondence with you is inaccurate at any time without prior notice (including after you have submitted your order).
- We update the website from time to time, including, but not limited to, information relating to products and pricing, but we undertake no obligation to update the website, except as required by law, and we have no obligation to notify you of updates or modifications or planned updates or modifications.
- Your use of the website is at your own risk. The website is provided on an "as is" basis, without any warranties of any kind (either express or implied) statutory or otherwise. To the extent permitted by law, Made in California disclaims all warranties, guarantees and representations with respect to the completeness, security, reliability, quality, accuracy or availability, merchantability, non-infringement or fitness for particular purpose in respect of the website.
- Prohibited Uses. In addition to other prohibitions described in these Terms, you are prohibited from using the site or its content: (a) for any unlawful purpose; (b) to solicit others to perform or participate in any unlawful acts; (c) to violate any international, federal, provincial or state regulations, rules, laws, or local ordinances; (d) to infringe upon or violate our intellectual property rights or the intellectual property rights of others; (e) to harass, abuse, insult, harm, defame, slander, disparage, intimidate, or discriminate based on gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, race, age, national origin, or disability; (f) to submit false or misleading information; (g) to upload or transmit viruses or any other type of malicious code that will or may be used in any way that will affect the functionality or operation of the Service or of any related website, other websites, or the Internet; (h) to collect or track the personal information of others; (i) to spam, phish, pharm, pretext, spider, crawl, or scrape; (j) for any obscene or immoral purpose; or (k) to interfere with or circumvent the security features of the Service or any related website, other websites, or the Internet. We reserve the right to terminate your use of the Service or any related website for violating any of the prohibited uses.
terms + conditions
The following terms and conditions apply to all goods purchased from Made in California (the “Goods”) and to the transactions between customers and Made in California. All purchases made on this website are purchases from Made in California.
You must ensure that all information provided by you in relation to your order is accurate, complete and up to date. Made in California will communicate with you about your order and the purchased product using email and by phone. You must provide a valid email address to Made in California for this purpose.
- You understand that your content (not including credit card information), may be transferred unencrypted and involve (a) transmissions over various networks; and (b) changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices. Credit card information is always encrypted during transfer over networks.
- We continually seek to offer value to our customers and an exciting range of products. That said, prices for our products are subject to change and may change the prices on our website or modify or change the products available on our website at any time, and will have no liability to you in relation to such matters.
- We have made every effort to display as accurately as possible the colors and images of our products that appear at the store. We cannot guarantee that your computer monitor's display of any color will be accurate.
- From time to time, Made in California will also send you marketing material if you have agreed to this in your account setup. If you do not wish to receive such material, you may unsubscribe from our mailing list at any time by using the unsubscribe function in the electronic marketing communication.
- Your order becomes effective upon successful transmission after you press COMPLETE ORDER on the website.
- We reserve the right to refuse any order you place with us. We may, in our sole discretion, limit or cancel quantities purchased per person, per household or per order. These restrictions may include orders placed by or under the same customer account, the same credit card, and/or orders that use the same billing and/or shipping address. In the event that we make a change to or cancel an order, we may attempt to notify you by contacting the e-mail and/or billing address/phone number provided at the time the order was made. We reserve the right to limit or prohibit orders that, in our sole judgment, appear to be placed by dealers, resellers or distributors.
- Risk in the Goods passes to you on delivery to the address you provide. If our delivery service is unable to locate anyone at that address the Goods may be justify at that address, which shall constitute delivery. We do not accept liability for any loss, theft or damage to the Goods after that time.
- All warranties, guarantees, representations and implied terms, except those which are non-excludable in law, are excluded. If the Goods are defective or do not meet such non-excludable warranties, guarantees, representations or implied terms, we will refund the price or repair or replace the Goods.
- We will not be liable if you have failed to follow instructions, modified the Goods or used them for an unintended purpose.
- Except in circumstances where there is a defect for which we are liable, returns or exchanges are NOT accepted. No exceptions.
data + privacy
MADE IN CALIFORNIA is dedicated to keeping your details private. Any data and information collected in relation to you is strictly secured. Under no circumstances will MADE IN CALIFORNIA distribute customer information to a third party. Cookies are used to allow customers to access their account, place items in a shopping cart and purchase items. Any cookies sent to customers from MADE IN CALIFORNIA will only last whilst you’re browsing our website. Cookies allow us to personalize your shopping experience by tailoring our displays to show products that will interest you. Ultimately they help to provide you with a more friendly, interesting and enjoyable shopping experience.
To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed. If you provide us with your credit card information, the information is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL) and stored with a AES-256 encryption. Although no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, we follow all PCI-DSS requirements and implement additional generally accepted industry standards.